CCNA Test – 75 Questions
1) What is the configuration register that ignores the startup configuration file?
2) Where does RIPv2 send its routing updates?
3) Identify two Link-State protocols:
4) Identify the Network class of IPv4 address 184.108.40.206
A. Class C
C. Class B
5) What is DHCP?
A. Dynamic Hot Convergence Protocol used to overcome limitations of Static Routing
B. Dynamic Hypervisor Convergence Protocol
C. A feature of Hubs and Bridges
D. Physical Layer Protocol
E. Enables allotment of IP addresses, subnetmasks, default gateway, etc., to hosts
6) What is Cisco License Manager?
A. Legally purchased software for Cisco 2901 routers
B. Free downloadable application to manage Cisco hubs, switches and routers
C. Free software from Cisco to deploy Cisco software licenses
D. 30-Day trial software for Cisco software
E. Annual subscription plan for Cisco software
7) What does Standard ACL consider in implementation?
A. Examines TCP and UDP protocols
C. Destination and Source
E. Source, Destination and Protocol
8) Name Three VTP Modes that Switches can be configured in?
9) To which Network Class does 220.127.116.11 belong to?
A. Class C
B. Class A
C. Class E
D. Class D
E. Class B
10) Identify the Normal Range VLAN below:
11) When configuring, DHCP what does the command ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.9 mean?
A. 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.9 are not available for allotment
B. Only 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.9 are available for allotment
C. Range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.9 is not available for allotment
D. 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.9 are available for allotment only to Switched Virtual Interfaces
E. Range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.9 is available for allotment
12) Named ACLs can contain (pick three):
B. Maximum of two empty spaces
C. Alphabets, Numbers & Question Marks
D. Alphabets, Numbers & Dashes
E. Combination of Alphabets & Numbers
13) What algorithm does EIGRP use?
A. Einstein-Bohr Algorithm
B. Diffusing Update Algorithm
C. Interior Gateway Protocol Algorithm
D. Dijkstra Algorithm
E. Cambridge Five Algorithm
14) Which of the following Routing Protocols sends only Periodic Updates?
15) Which of the following is true about Standard ACL?
A. Filters by Source Ports only
B. Filters by Source IP Address only
C. Filters by Destination IP Address only
D. Filters by both Source and Destination IP Address
E. Filters by Protocol and Source IP Address
16) Which of the following is the shortest abbreviation of the IPv6 address AB35:000C:2007:0000:0000:526C:7000:0041?
17) Which of the following applications use UDP (Pick Three)?
18) Which type of memory contains IP routing and ARP tables?
D. RAID 1
19) What is an unknown Unicast frame for a switch?
A. A frame with a MAC address of FF:FF:FF:FF
B. A frame that is unknown to routers
C. A frame for which the switch doesn’t have the destination MAC address in its MAC address table
D. A frame that works only with IPv6 addresses
E. A frame for which the switch doesn’t have the source MAC address in its MAC address table
20) What does a LAN include?
A. All devices in the same collision domain
B. 50% of the devices in the collision domain
C. All devices in the same broadcast domain
D. Routers, Servers and cables in the failure domain
E. Only Servers, cables and hubs
21) Which OSI Layers does IPSec protect?
A. Layer 4
B. Layer 1
C. Layer 5
D. Layer 6
E. Layer 7
22) What are two advantages of Multi-Area OSPF?
A. Multiple areas reduces processing and memory overhead
B. Routing Table is smaller
C. Failure in one area does not affect other areas
D. Convergence is 2x faster
E. Helps large Internet Service Providers to Route faster
23) In OSPF, what is the default ratio of Dead intervals to the hello interval?
A. Dead intervals by default are 2 times the hello interval
B. By default, Dead intervals by default are 6 times the hello interval
C. Dead intervals by default are 3 times the hello interval
D. Dead intervals by default are 4 times the hello interval
E. Dead intervals by default are same as the hello interval
24) Which of the following is the weakest form of authentication?
A. Dual-Factor Authentication
B. Conventional Password-based authentication
C. Hardware Token-based Authentication
D. Voice Recognition
E. Retina Scanner
25) What term describes the migration strategy of running both IPv4 and IPv6?
A. Dual Routing
B. Simultaneous Routing
D. Dual Stack
26. Which commands would you use to copy the configuration from RAM to NVRAM?
A. copy run start
B. copy RAM NVRAM
C. copy startup-configuration running-configuration
D. copy begin-configuration end-configuration
E. copy running-configuration startup-configuration
27) VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) does not learn which of the following:
A. Normal Range VLANs
B. Extended Range VLANs
C. Both Normal and Extended Range VLANs
28) Pick three Interior Gateway Protocols from the following
C. BGP 4
E. MP BGP-4
29) How many bits do an IPv4 and IPv6 address have respectively?
A. 64-bits and 256-bits respectively
B. 64-bits and 96-bits respectively
C. 32-bits and 128-bits respectively
D. 16-bits and 126-bits respectively
E. 16-bits and 256-bits respectively
30) Which command would you use to erase standard access-list 24?
A. purge standard access-list 24
B. delete access-list 24
C. no access-list 24
D. remove access-list 24
E. no standard access-list 24
31) A 1000Base-T Network is also known as:
32) What is the default Command History Size?
33) If your Syslog Severity Level is 0, what happens?
A. Reflects an Error
B. A Warning would occur
C. System would be unusable
D. An Alert would be issued
E. System is Critical
34) At what layer of the OSI model would you expect Data to be divided into segments?
35) Which command removes an IPv6 Access List from an interface?
A. no ipv6 access-group
B. no ipv6 traffic-filter
C. delete ipv6 access-group
D. erase ipv6 access-group
E. filter ipv6 access-class
36) What is the IPv6 equivalent of Subnet ID in IPv4?
A. IPv6 Subnet
B. Subnet Address
D. ARP Cache
E. IPv6 Host
37) You’re configuring a standard Access Control List. Under what circumstances would you configure access-list 23 deny any as the last line of your ACL configuration?
A. Because a numbered ACL from 1-99 does not have an implicit deny any at the end of an ACL
B. To override the implicit accept any at the end of the ACL
C. Standard ACLs with 1-99 must have an implicit deny any as the last line before it can be applied on an interface
D. To use the show ip access-list 23 command and see how many packets match the deny any in the ACL counter
E. To prevent the router from discarding the packet
38) How many channels are available for the 5 GHz band?
39) To check the router id in OSPF routing, which of the below two commands would you use?
A. show ospf router-id
B. show ip protocol
C. show router id
D. show ospf neighbors
E. show ip ospf interface
40) DHCP Snooping is a:
A. Layer 3 Security Feature
B. Layer 2 Security Feature
C. Layer 4 Feature
D. IP Address Alloting Feature
E. Cyber-Attack popular among Chinese Hackers
41) Which of the following does not support IPv6 (pick four answers)?
42) Which modulation technique is used in the 802.11ax standard?
43) What command would a CCNA use to apply an IPv4 access list to vty ports?
A. ip access-group
C. iptables -nL
D. arp -v
E. ip acl vty ports
44) How many Extended Numbered ACLs are available?
45) Why do Network Administrators use EtherChannel?
A. To increase bandwith between devices by creating one logical link out of several physical links
B. To set up a secure Ethernet channel between networks
C. To create a link to the Default Gateway
D. To set up an OSP route
E. To install a BGP route
46) Name the command that restores the running configuration file from a TFTP server
A. move tftp running-config
B. copy tftp flash
C. copy tftp running-config server
D. copy tftp running-config
E. copy running-config tftp
47) Which UDP ports and IP protocols in the frame header are used by CAPWAP for IPv4? (pick three)
48) Which modulation technique is used in the new 802.11ax standard?
49) Which wireless network is specified in the IEEE 802.11 standards for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio frequencies?
50) Extended Numbered ACLs range from (pick two):
51) What is the correct sequence for the DHCP for IPv4?
A. Offer, Discovery, Request, ACK
B. Request, Discovery, ACK, Offer
C. Offer, Request, ACK, Discovery
D. ACK, Offer, Discovery, Request
E. Discovery, Offer, Request, ACK
52) How many non-overlapping 20MHz channels are available in the 2.4GHz frequency band in the U.S.?
53) What are the five packet types in EIGRP?
A. Hello, Reply, Updates, Query, DHCP
B. Hello, Acknowledgments, Updates, Query, Reply
C. Reply, Ping, Updates, Query, Traceroute
D. Hello, Reply, Updates, DHCP, NAT
E. DNS, DHCP, Reply, Query, Update
54) Which of the following is a Cisco proprietary protocol?
55) What is IoT?
A. Another name for IPv6
B. A new routing protocol
C. Everyday objects like refrigerators having Internet connectivity
D. Successor to Ethernet
E. A wireless LAN technology standard
56) Which two factors has kept IPv4 going despite repeated warnings of address depletion?
A. RIP and EIGRP protocols
B. IPv6 and Dual Stacking
C. NAT and Private IPv4 Addresses
D. DHCP and DNS
E. OSPF and BGP protocols
57) After subnetting 18.104.22.168/17, what is the last usable host address in the first subnet?
58) Which of the following combinations has ALL correct bits?
A. IPv4=48-bits; MAC address=78-bits; IPV6=98-bits
B. IPv4=23-bits; MAC address=68-bits; IPV6=98-bits
C. IPv4=128-bits; MAC address=88-bits; IPV6=32-bits
D. IPv4=72-bits; MAC address=42-bits; IPV6=182-bits
E. IPv4=32-bits; MAC address=48-bits; IPV6=128-bits
59) What should come to mind quickly with RFC 1918?
B. Static Routing
60) What is a nibble size?
A. 128 bits
B. 4 bytes
C. 4 bits
D. 2 bits
E. 32 bits
61) Which standalone device has the entire WLAN configuration on the device?
A. Controller-based Access Point
B. USB Wireless NIC
C. Autonomous Access Point
D. Range Extender
E. ASA Firewall
62) What is the EIGRP IPv4 Multicast Address?
63) Which of the following is used to describe a mechanism that takes advantage of a vulnerability?
64) Jeremy works with businesses to fix flaws in their DNS infrastructire. That makes Jeremy a:
A. Red Hat Hacker
B. Black Hat Hacker
C. White Hat Hacker
D. Gray Hat Hacker
E. Blue Hat Hacker
65) What type of protocol is GRE?
A. Routing Protocol
B. Carrier Protocol
C. Security Protocol
D. Passenger Protocol
E. Transport Protocol
66) What security term is used to describe a weakness in a system or its design, that could be exploited by a threat?
67) How many IP addresses are guaranteed by IPv6?
A. 4.9 billion
B. 49 billion
C. 644 undecillion
D. 340 undecillion
E. 68 trillion
68) Name the wireless topology mode used by two devices to connect in a peer-to-peer network?
69) How do you disable autonegotiation on a switch?
A. By configuring speed on an interface
B. By configuring ACL on an interface
C. By configuring duplex on an interface
D. By configuring speed and duplex on an interface
E. By configuring ACL and auto-mdix on an interface
70) Which of the following is a service provider managed VPN?
A. Remote Access VPN
B. Site-to-Site VPN
C. GRE over IPSec VPN
D. Layer 3 MPLS VPN
E. Encapsulating Security Payload
71) Which of the following is accurate?
A. SSH is less secure than Telnet
B. Telnet uses Port 22 and so all traffic is encrypted
C. SSH uses port 23
D. SSH sends usernames and passwords in clear text
E. Telnet sends usernames and passwords in clear text
72) Which encryption method is used by the original 802.11 specification?
73) In which of the following ranges would Well-Known Ports fall?
74) Why would you use the ip helper-address command while configuring DHCP?
A. To help reach the default gateway
B. Because the IEEE 802.16 standard mandates it
C. Make router relay the DHCP DISCOVER message from a client to a remote DHCP server
D. To set the excluded ip addresses on the DHCP server
E. To set the DNS address on DHCP server
75) Which of the following is a near synonym for Dynamic NAT?
A. Static NAT
B. Port Address Translation
C. Switchport NAT
D. Pooled NAT
E. Default NAT
CCNA Practice Test 1 – Answers
1) C. 0x2142
2) D. 22.214.171.124
3) C. OSPv3 and E. IS-IS
4) B. Multicast
5) E. Enables allotment of IP addresses, subnetmasks, default gateway, etc., to hosts
6) C. Free software from Cisco to deploy Cisco software licenses
7) D. Source only
8 ) B. (Server), D (Transparent) and E (Client)
9) D. Class D, which is a Multicast Address
10) C. 1-1005
11) C. Range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.9 is not available for allotment
12) A. Alphabets and E. Alphabets & Numbers
13) B. Diffusing Update Algorithm
14) B. EIGRP
15) B. Filters by Source IP Address only
16) D. AB35:C:2007::526C:7000:41
17) B, D, E
18) B. RAM
19) C. An Unknown unicast frame is a frame for which the switch doesn’t have the destination MAC address in its MAC address table
20) C. All devices in the same broadcast domain
21) A, C, D, E
22) A. Multiple areas reduces processing and memory overhead & C. Failure in one area does not affect other areas
23) D. In OSPF, Dead intervals by default are 4 times the hello interval
24) B. Password-based authentication
25) D. Dual Stack
26) A & E copy run start or copy running-configuration startup-configuration)
27) B. Extended Range VLANs
28) A B D (Note: BGP4 and MP BGP-4 are Exterior Gateway Protocols)
29) C. 32-bits and 128-bits respectively
30) C. no access-list 24
31) C. 802.3ab
32) B. 10
33) C. System would be unusable
34) E. Transport
35) no ipv6 traffic-filter
36) C. Prefix
37) D. To see how many packets match the deny any in the ACL counter
38) B. 24
39) B. show ip protocol, E. show ip ospf interface
40) B. Layer 2 Security Feature that prevents DHCP Spoofing
41) A C D E
42) A. OFDMA
43) B. access-class
44) E. 800 100-199 and 2000-2699
45) A. To increase bandwith between devices by creating one logical link out of several physical links
46) D. copy tftp running-config
47) B, C, D
48) A OFDMA
49) B. WLAN
50) B. 2000-2699 and E. 100-199
51) E. Discovery, Offer, Request, ACK
52) B. 3 (Channels 1, 6 and 11)
53) B. Hello, Acknowledgments, Updates, Query, Reply
54) C. TACACS+
55) C. Everyday objects having Internet connectivity
56) C. NAT and Private IPv4 Addresses
57) D. 126.96.36.199
58) E. IPv4=32-bits; MAC address=48-bits; IPV6=128-bits
59) C. NAT, i.e., Network Address Translation
60) C. 4 bits
61) C. Autonomous Access Point
62) B. 188.8.131.52
63) C. Exploit
64) C. White Hat Hacker
65) B. Carrier Protocol
66) D. Vulnerability
67) D. 340 undecillion
68) C. Adhoc
69) D. By configuring speed and duplex on an interface
70) D. Layer 3 MPLS VPN
71) E. Telnet sends usernames and passwords in clear text
72) C. RC-4
73) B. 0-1023
74) C. To ensure that the router relays the DHCP DISCOVER broadcast message from the client to a remote DHCP server as an Unicast message
75) D. Pooled NAT